Early Learning Programming
SAA - Early Learning Programming
At the kindergarten - grade three level teachers will provide students with a program that is focused upon building a strong foundation in literacy and numeracy through our SAA Learning Framework.
Sister Alphonse Academy 2019/20 Kindergarten Program Information
Our regular half day Kindergarten program offers 475 hours of instruction in the morning or afternoon. We also offer a Full Day Everyday program with 950 hours of instruction and a Progressive Program (half day programming up until Spring Break and then all day programming until end of June).
Highlights of our program include:
- Learning through play approach
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Animated Literacy Program
- Balanced Literacy components
- Home Reading Program
- Field trips
- Mass at St. Albert Parish
- To attend kindergarten your child must be five years of age on or before March 1st of the school year currently enrolled. Your child could start kindergarten in September at the age of four, as long as he or she turns five on or before March 1st of the school year.
- HALF DAY - No fee
- FULL DAY - $325 month + lunch supervision one time fee of $33. Children enrolled in Full Day programming attend school for the full day.
- PROGRESSIVE - $97.50/month or $325/month (April, May & June) + lunch supervision fee of $11. Children enrolled in Progressive programming will attend half day kindergarten until spring break, after spring break your child will attend full days.
- June 24, 2019 (one hour small group visits) These dates will be scheduled early in June and parents will be contacted.
1st DAY of SCHOOL STAGGERED START
- September 3 & 4, 2019 Your child’s first day of school will be provided at the end of June.
2019/20 BELL TIMES:
- AM & Full Day Entry Bell: 8:15 am
- AM Dismissal: 11:10 am
- PM Entry Bell: 12:03 pm
- PM & Full Day Dismissal: 2:58 pm
** The offering of Half Day PM, Full Day and Progressive programs is dependant upon enrolment and resources**
- 1 large backpack
- 1 lunch bag
- 1 pair of indoor running shoes (non-marking soles)
- 1 full change of clothes that can be left at school
We currently have an agreement with SIGIS to provide child care at Sister Alphonse Academy. More information on their programs can be found at the SIGIS website.